Certificate in TEFL – LTTC, UK
This is a preparatory course for TEFL. The Certificate in TEFL course covers the essential components needed to equip one with the necessary skills to land the first job as an English teacher in a private school. The programme provides an insight into the challenges facing the learner and the role of the teacher. The up-to-date and practical course provides a path for those desiring a fast entry into the teaching industry or who are exploring teaching English as a possible career without an initially huge outlay in investment.
– At least 18 Years of age
– GCE ‘O’ Levels with a credit in English or equivalent
– For Foreign students, a high school qualification and an IELTS score of 6.5 is required
(Kindly refer to the link for entry test as for evaluation. To enrol in this program, you should attain a standard at the advanced level in our ESOL test)
If you do not fall into the above categories but are interested, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. You may be asked to undergo a written English proficiency test and attend an interview. Your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Teaching Methodologies
- Introduction to Grammar
- Teaching and Learning Grammar
- Teaching vocabulary
- Teaching Productive skills; Speaking and Writing
- Teaching Receptive skills; Listening and reading
- Using Materials and Aids
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Lesson Planning
- Teaching young learners and teenagers
- Using course books effectively
Open book course assignments to be submitted to London Teacher Training College in the U.K. where they will be assessed and graded by two examiners.
At the completion of this course, you are:
- Eligible to become an English teacher in a private school