Level 3 – CERTIFICATE IN TESOL, UK,
Regulated by Ofqual
RQF level: 3
Credit: 15 (96 GLH)
Format: Face-to-face or online, with teaching presentation
Assessment: Multiple-choice tests and assessed teaching presentation
Candidates for the English Language Teaching and Assessment Certificate may include those:
1. Need to personally develop, or acquire practical skills, for a career in teaching.
2. With very limited or no qualifications or experience in teaching English to adults;
3. who wish to consolidate their understanding and/or gain a recognised Level 3 qualification in teaching the English Language.
1. At least 17 Years of age 2. Foreign students, a high school qualification and an IELTS score of 6.5is required to C1 on the CEFR 3. a good basic understanding of literacy, numeracy and ICT equivalent to Level 2 4. access to at least 3 hours teaching practice in English Language education.
(Kindly refer to the link for entry test for evaluation. To enrol in this program, you should attain a standard at the advanced level in our ESOL test)
If you do not fall into the above categories but are interested, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. You may be asked to undergo a written English proficiency test and attend an interview. Your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Knowledge, understanding and skills of teaching, learning and assessment in ELT.
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in ELT.
- Planning resources for effective delivery of ELT.
- Language Awareness and Analysis to support Skills in ELT: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
- Applied teaching practice in the ELT classroom.
Open book course assignments to be submitted to external markers in the U.K. where they will be assessed and graded by two examiners.
ELTAB reflects the wide variation in candidates’ origin, levels of education and career aims. Progression opportunities may, therefore, take a variety of paths. Depending on the level of qualification achieved, it may be appropriate for the candidate to progress to:
• Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages at Level 4 (subject to individual Awarding Organisation (AO) requirements)
• A degree level program in a teaching-related discipline
• Any other AO qualification at level 4 or above in teaching or other disciplines (subject to individual AO requirements)