ATHE EXTENDED DIPLOMA IN IT & COMPUTING
UNIVERSITY 1ST AND 2ND YEAR (LEVEL 4 AND 5)
If you have the desire to turn your passion for computers into a career, The IT and Computing Diploma offered by Universal Business Academy (UBA) is definitely a course you should consider.
Our online Level 4/5 IT and Computing Diploma course is designed to equip you with the skills you need to Top Up to a full Undergraduate Degree and go on to become an IT professional. While completing the course, students will have access to a variety of support services, including Tutor Support and Webinars, a Social Learning Forum, and additional materials to help in the completion of their Diploma course.
- A level qualification or equivalent
- Aged 19 and above
Level 4 – Semester 1 (10 Months)
1. Introduction to Computing
2. Introduction to Programming
3. Introduction to Databases
4. Requirements Engineering
5. Systems Analysis and Design
6. E-Commerce Applications
7. Human Computer Interaction
8. IT and Society
9. Information Systems Project Management
10. Management Information Systems
1. Innovative Technologies in Computing
2. Computing Research Methods
3. Software Development Methodologies
4. Computing Project Planning
5. Strategic Management Information Systems
6. Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues in IT
7. Network Design and Management
8. Web Based Development
9. Cyber Security
10. Advanced Databases
- This course is made up of 10 modules for level 4 (120 credits) and 10 modules for level 5 (120 credits), each level also includes 10 written assignments. If a student decides to only study at level 4, they will receive 120 credits and can apply for an exemption from the first year of a university degree course.
- Each module consists of approximately 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours of optional learning material. These materials comprise recommended exercises, recommended readings and internet resources.
The assignments are approximately 5.000-8.000 words each
Whilst studying this course students will develop their skills in programming, systems analysis and design, software development. Upon successful completion of the course, students can pursue a career in IT within the public or private sector.
If you decide to top up to a full Undergraduate Degree through an accredited UK university, the costs are as follows. Please note, the below costs are for distance learning/online only. You have the option of finishing on campus, Costs will vary depending on which university you wish to complete your final year.
- University of Derby
- University of Central Lancashire
BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems Top up – £3500
- Middlesex University
NOTE: UK/EU students may be eligible for student loans for the top-up portion of their studies. Visit www.slc.co.uk for more information.