LRN Level 3 Award in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (ELTAB)
– REGULATED BY OFQUAL
RQF level: 3
Credit: 15 (96 GLH)
Format: Face-to-face or online, with teaching presentation
Assessment: Multiple-choice tests and assessed teaching presentation
Level 3 Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (ELTAB)
ELTAB is designed for candidates who have very limited or no experience in teaching English language. The qualification is an intensive programme of study which will enable candidates to gain a recognised teaching qualification, with a focus for those wishing to specialise in teaching English to either speakers of other languages or for those who wish to teach English Language.
(Kindly refer to the link for entry test as for evaluation. To enrol in this program, you should attain a standard at the advanced level in our ESOL test and pass in our TESOL test at minimum level 3))
If you do not fall into the above categories but are interested, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. You may be asked to undergo a written English proficiency test and attend an interview. Your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates for the English Language Teaching and Assessment Certificate may include those:
1. Need to personally develop, or acquire practical skills, for a career in teaching.
2. With very limited or no qualifications or experience in teaching English to adults;
3. who wish to consolidate their understanding and/or gain a recognised Level 3 qualification in teaching the English Language.
Unit 1: Language Awareness and Analysis in practical support of ELT – 5 credit
Unit 2: Planning and Managing Teaching and Learning in ELT – 5 credit
Unit 3: Applied teaching practice in the ELT classroom– 5 credit
Open book course assignments to be submitted to LRN,
ELTAB reflects the wide variation in candidates’ origins, levels of education and career aims. Progression opportunities may, therefore, take a variety of paths. Depending on the level of qualification achieved, it may be appropriate for the candidate to progress to:
• Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages at Level 4 (subject to individual Awarding Organisation (AO) requirements)
• A degree level program in a teaching-related discipline
• Any other AO qualification at level 4 or above in teaching or other disciplines (subject to individual AO requirements)