LEVEL 2 – CERTIFICATE IN TESOL, UK (ELTAA)
– REGULATED BY OFQUAL
RQF level: 2
Format: Face-to-face or online, with teaching presentation
Assessment: Multiple-choice tests and assessed teaching presentation
The Certificate in Teaching English To Speakers of Other Languages is specifically designed for those who are interested in teaching English as a second or foreign language. This course is designed for candidates who have no experience of teaching English language to adults. The qualification is an intensive programme of study which will enable candidates to gain a recognised teaching qualification, with a focus for those wishing to specialise in teaching English to children or adults speakers of other languages.
(Kindly refer to the link for entry test as for evaluation. To enrol in this program, you should attain a standard at the advanced level in our ESOL test and pass in our TESOL test at minimum level 3))
If you do not fall into the above categories but are interested, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. You may be asked to undergo a written English proficiency test and attend an interview. Your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates for the English Language Teaching and Assessment Certificate may include those:
1. Need to personally develop, or acquire practical skills, for a career in teaching.
2. With very limited or no qualifications or experience in teaching English to adults;
3. who wish to consolidate their understanding and/or gain a recognised Level 2 qualification in teaching the English Language.
Course Outline (15-credit)
Unit 1: Language Awareness and Analysis in practical support of ELT – 5 credit
Unit 2: Planning and delivering a presentation within the context of ELT – 5 credit
The assessment consist of
- Unit 1, which is assessed by written assessment externally set and marked by LRN;
- Unit 2, which is assessed by 1 observation and a presentation planning portfolio marked internal, and subsequently moderated externally by LRN.
On completion of your course, you will receive a Level 2 Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages. This is endorsed by an OFQUAL (The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation) approved awarding body, LRN, at a level of learning equivalent to level 2. LRN is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and the Welsh Government.
This ELTAA reflects the wide variation in candidates’ origins, levels of education and career aims. Progression opportunities may, therefore, take a variety of paths. Depending on the level of qualification achieved, it may be appropriate for the candidate to progress to:
- LRN level 3 Certificate in Teaching English of Speakers of Other Language (ELTAB)
- any other qualification at Level 4 or above in the teaching or other discipline(subject to AO requirements)