LEVEL 5 – CERTIFICATE IN TESOL, UK (ELTAC)
– REGULATED BY OFQUAL
Credit: 30 (120GLH)
Format: Face-to-face or online, with teaching presentation
Assessment: Multiple-choice tests and assessed teaching presentation
English Language Teaching and Assessment Certificate (ELTAC)
The English Language Teaching and Assessment Certificate is designed for candidates who have limited experience in teaching the English language to adults. The qualification is an intensive programme of study which will enable candidates to gain a recognised teaching qualification, with a focus for those wishing to specialise in teaching English to either
Candidates for the English Language Teaching and Assessment Certificate may include those:
1. Need to personally develop, or extend their skills, within a career in teaching;
2. With limited qualifications or experience in teaching English to adults;
3. who wish to consolidate their understanding and/or gain a recognised qualification in teaching the English Language.
(Kindly refer to the link for entry test as for evaluation. To enrol in this program, you should attain a standard at the advanced level in our ESOL test)
If you do not fall into the above categories but are interested, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. You may be asked to undergo a written English proficiency test and attend an interview. Your application will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Knowledge, understanding and skills of teaching, learning and assessment in ELT.
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in ELT.
- Planning resources for effective delivery of ELT.
- Language Awareness and Analysis to support Skills in ELT: Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing.
- Applied teaching practice in the ELT classroom.
Open book course assignments to be submitted to LRN, UK. where they will be assessed and graded by two examiners.
On completion of your course, you will receive a Level 5 Graduate Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages endorsed by LRN.